When it comes to broadcasting sporting events in virtual reality (VR) NextVR tends to be at the forefront. This summer the company is continuing that trend by announcing its schedule for the International Champions Cup which kicks off in a few weeks.
In partnership with Relevent Sports, NextVR will broadcast two marquee match-ups live in VR, starting with A.C. Milan vs. Manchester United F.C. on 25th July.
The broadcaster will have twelve VR cameras positioned along the pitch and throughout StubHub Center for the match, with the fully produced live broadcasts including dedicated announcers Cobi Jones (Team USA and LA Galaxy), and seasoned MLS and NBA sportscaster Mark Rogondino, for pre-game, play-by-play, halftime analysis, and match recap.
“NextVR’s technology is rapidly advancing, and for the first time ever fans around the world will experience soccer in high resolution VR, providing them with a more powerful sense of realism that makes them feel like they’re on the pitch,” said Danny Keens, NextVR vice president of content in a statement. “We’re excited to continue our work with the International Champions Cup to and are on a mission to change the way soccer fans experience the beautiful game.”
Ahead of the matches, starting today NextVR will release the International Champions Cup Tournament Experience. Heath Pearce, former Bundesliga and New York Red Bulls defender, returns to the NextVR Studio for a second year, and will be joined by Kristin Kenny to preview the match-ups of ten of the world’s premiere soccer clubs on the VR schedule.
To watch the content simply download the free NextVR app on the following platforms: Oculus Go, PlayStation VR, HTC Vive Pro, HTC Vive, Windows Mixed Reality, Samsung Gear VR, and Google Daydream. Oculus owners also have the opportunity to experience both live matches in real time with friends via the Oculus Venues app.
LIVE VR MATCHES:
• Wednesday, July 25: A.C. Milan vs. Manchester United F.C. – Carson, StubHub Center
• Saturday, July 28: FC Barcelona vs. Tottenham Hotspur F.C. – Los Angeles, Rose Bowl
ON-DEMAND MATCH VR HIGHLIGHTS:
• Manchester City F.C. vs. Borussia Dortmund – Chicago, Soldier Field
• Liverpool F.C. vs. Borussia Dortmund – Charlotte, Bank of America Stadium
• Juventus F.C. vs. F.C. Bayern Munich – Philadelphia, Lincoln Financial Field
• A.C. Milan vs. Manchester United F.C. – Los Angeles, Rose Bowl
• Manchester United F.C. vs. Liverpool F.C. – Ann Arbor, Michigan Stadium
• FC Barcelona vs. Tottenham Hotspur F.C. – Los Angeles, Rose Bowl
• FC Barcelona vs. A.S. Roma – Dallas, AT&T Stadium
• Real Madrid C.F. vs. Juventus F.C. – Washington D.C., FedEx Field
• A.C. Milan vs. FC Barcelona – Bay Area, Levi’s Stadium
• Real Madrid C.F. vs. A.S. Roma – New York, MetLife Stadium
For the latest updates from NextVR, keep reading VRFocus.
Source: NextVR to Live Broadcast two International Champions Cup Matches in July